As promised, here is part 2 of The Pet Project. If you’re looking for some resources for writing poetry for ELLs, check out this post from ¡Colorín colorado!
- CCSS SL.2.1 Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about grade 2 topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
- CCSS SL.2.2 Recount or describe key ideas or details from a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media.
- CCSS RL.2.1 Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
- CCSS RL.2.3 Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
- CCSS RL.2.4 Describe how words and phrases (e.g., regular beats, alliteration, rhymes, repeated lines) supply rhythm and meaning in a story, poem, or song.
- CCSS RL.2.7 Use information gained from the illustrations and words in a print or digital text to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
- WIDA ELD-1 English language learners communicate for Social and Instructional purposes within the school setting.
- WIDA ELD-2 English language learners communicate information, ideas, and concepts necessary for academic success in the content area of Language Arts
- controlled environment
Here is your FREE worksheet for The Pet Project (part 2).
Have you used this resource or read this book? I’d love to hear your thoughts.